Employment :: C5 Wyoming
<< Back to Employment
A C5 Bridges Program Backcountry Instructor
Backcountry Instructors lead 14-day travel experiences with small groups of teens. Trips include 7-days backpacking in remote sections of the Big Horn Mountains in Wyoming. The position is physically demanding. Success requires insightful facilitation and dynamic leadership to promote positive relationships, sharpening of leadership skills, and connecting trip-related challenges to skills needed for success in college, work, and life.
Click here for a description of the C5 Bridges Program
Click here for a Backcountry Instructor position description
HIRING 2013 STAFF!
Position begins May 15th and ends August 23rd.
- Lead groups along a 7-day, 35-mile backpacking route
- Facilitate activity sessions (rock climbing, rappelling, fly-fishing, etc.)
- Lead visits on college campuses, leadership programs
- Manage risks; comply with safety protocols; involve youth in building a safety-conscious culture
- Facilitate a structured curriculum
- Lead students in preparation (transportation, packing food, issuing gear)
- 21 years old; some college experience
- Experience working with youth
- Experience leading trips similar in scope
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR) certified required
- Ability to carry a 55-pound backpack over rugged terrain up to 12 hours a day for 7 days
- Commitment to Leave No Trace ethics
- Clean driving record
How to Apply:
To apply for employment with the C5 Bridges Program, please send a completed application and supporting materials to:
- Zack Terakedis
- Director of Program Operations
Application is available at Employment Application. Please fill it out completely and attach it to your email. If you have additional questions, please contact Zack Terakedis any time.